Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 24, 2017


After failing to navigate her way out of the group phase on her WTA Finals debut in 2016, Karolina Pliskova was desperate to get off to a fast start this year and that is exactly what the Czech world number three managed against Venus Williams on Sunday.

Opening round-robin play in the White Group at a packed Singapore Indoor Stadium, Pliskova used her booming serve and ground strokes to subdue her American opponent 6-2 6-2 with an emphatic display of power.

“I was feeling so much better than last year, so I cannot compare those matches, not even a little bit,” the 25-year-old told reporters.

“I had a good week of practice here, so I felt like it can be okay. But I just wasn’t sure about how I’m going to feel, if nervous or not, because still we are the first match on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment